4.12.2010

in other news...

1. It's Beverly Cleary's birthday today - she's 94! anyone who knows me knows that I love to read so my excitement over this isn't a real shock. Also, the woman who wrote all the Babysitter's Club books just wrote a prequel. totally getting that from the library.

2. Ii finally used my kitchenaid mixer this weekend and I am in love with it. Saturday night Amanda and I made gluten free cake for her birthday (with peanut butter frosting! yum), and yesterday I made gluten free chocolate chip scones... kind of. for the first half I forgot to put in the xantham gum (which is what makes the dough stick without the gluten) so those ones kind of look like pancakes. the other half turned out better.

3. I also watched Zombieland again this weekend, and it was just as funny the second time. If you haven't seen it, you should - even my friend Emily liked it, and she hates gory movies.

At this point, I think I'm going to go read a book until tonight's tv starts - House and How I Met Your Mother, and maybe Two and a Half Men, in case you were wondering. We also have an episode of The Pacific to watch from last night, and I recorded Slumdog Millionaire today because I haven't seen it yet. I have to watch it soon though so that chris will let me keep the entire season of LOST on our dvr. It is now taking up almost 80% of the dvr and he's going to flip a shit soon, but Rae and James still want to watch it so I'm battling to keep it recorded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment