9.10.2010

#Friday5 - most thought provoking films

I'm trying a new blog thing that I read about elsewhere - #Friday5! Every week there's a different topic. This week? 
5 most thought provoking films. 

  1. Schindler's List - isn't that one a given?
  2. Inception - I really liked this one. I thought a lot about the idea that you could implant ideas in other people's minds, invade their dreams, etc. - I think in some ways advertising does that anyway.
  3. The Butterfly Effect - I know, I know. It's kind of dumb. But again, I find the idea behind it fascinating - one action can change your future, and the future of the people around you?
  4. Fight Club. I actually need to watch this one again, since I've read the book now (for a college class, awesome. and yes, it's been THAT long since I watched Fight Club.)
  5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - similar idea to Inception AND The Butterfly Effect. Evidently, I have a theme going :)
What about you, folks? Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Man, I LOVE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Butterfly Effect. Those two movies are definitely thought provoking! :) I would add Memento. It definitely left me thinking afterward. Also, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I watched it just a couple months ago. I don't want to spoil much if you haven't seen it, but the ending definitely made me do a double check on my own feelings about the guilty and innocent in WWII Germany.

    ReplyDelete