7.10.2010

something new - a book review! (Sarah's Key)

Because I spend a lot of time reading blogs, and I love to read, I decided to join a virtual book club that one of the blogs I read is doing - you can read about it here: http://myprettypennies.com/2010/06/16/mpp-summer-book-club/

Basically I figured that it would get me to read new books that I might not have heard of before, which it did, and this is my own little review of the first one I read - Sarah's Key.

Sarah's Key
by Tatiana de Rosnay

my rating: B, I liked it, but I don't feel the need to read it again.

Basically, the story flips back and forth between France during World War II and present-day. The story that takes place in the past is amazingly fantastic. The story that took place in the future, though... eh. It was OK. I did learn some new WWII history though, and since I'm kind of a history nerd I liked that part. In fact, I think it would have been better if the whole thing took place in the past!

Final verdict: it's worth reading if you like history, if not you might get bored.

Next up: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. (I got an email from the library telling me that my hold is finally in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment