1.28.2011

adventures on the treadmill.

I've been getting more and more into running lately, but even in all of my years of on-and-off-gym-attendance, I've never been a treadmill fan. I'd much rather run outside (wouldn't everyone?) I enjoy changing scenery. I do not enjoy staring at the little counter on the screen. I can't read on the treadmill - it makes my head hurt. But lately, I've even been enjoying the treadmill because:
  • it tells me exactly how fast I'm going and how far I've gone - makes it a lot easier to convince myself to keep running at a certain speed "for another .2 miles"
  • I can change the speed to amuse myself
  • today, I watched Netflix (Lie to Me! an episode I've already seen, but who cares?)
But here's the best/funniest part about the treadmill...I'm a total klutz when it comes to this machine. I have trouble getting my feet to move at the proper pace (it's good - it's teaching me pacing!) Which is probably why I've always  avoided the treadmill. I've been OK this week, but during the course of this month I've dropped my iPhone not once, but twice. Once to the side (less funny). The other time, my phone fell off the little lip, hit the thing you knock off to make the treadmill stop, hit the treadmill/yanked the headphones off, and went flying off the back of the treadmill. To add to the hilarity, I almost ran into the front of the treadmill because I wasn't expecting the abrupt stop.

Funniest part? NOT ONE PERSON LAUGHED. Seriously? I was laughing. I most definitely would have laughed at someone else.

Honestly, folks... you all would have laughed with me, right? Anyone else as much of a mess as I am?:)

4 comments:

  1. I hit the Stop button all the time! Though never quite as interesting as your story! If it makes you feel better, I fell off the foam roller today. I, too, was the only one who laughed. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guffawed just picturing it. Of course, I can't run on a treadmill because I'm not coordinated enough. I almost have to concentrate just to walk on a treadmill. Can't read while I'm doing it either. :P

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually fallen off the back of a treadmill. Seriously. I was one of those people who thinks, "I'm only walking; I can totally take my long sleeved shirt off." No I couldn't. And yes I also laughed at myself when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so this reminds me....Have you seen the Mythbuster episode where Adam has to run on the treadmill while intoxicated?!?!? OMG probably the funniest thing I have ever seen.... FIND IT, so worth watching! Also, you can BET your tiny little butt that I would have laughed at you!

    ReplyDelete