1.02.2011

December Goals recap...

OK, so here are my December goals. Want to see how I did? (Hint: not so fantastic.)

  • 31 Day Yoga Challenge. complete it.
    • Nope. I did 9 days out of 31, which is about a third? So, that's a fail. That said, I am choosing to look at this positively - I did 9 more days of yoga in December than I did in November, I found a DVD that I like (and got it, 2 others from the same series, and a Yogitoes yoga towel for Christmas! Thanks people I babysit for for that!), and I am starting to WANT to do yoga again. So it's not all bad.
  • Copying Anna, run at least 20 miles this month. Hopefully more, but let's aim low, it's getting cold and dark outside.
    • Again, nope! I did 5.16. ...not even sure what to say about that.
  • Since I am running the Jingle Bell run, do a faster 5K than I did in the 10K last month. (which I will blog about. I swear. I even have a picture of us!)
    • This one was a success!! I improved my 5K time by a lot actually - almost 3 minutes, so almost a minute per mile. And that's with walking the whole second mile (note: if you are asthmatic, you should A) take your inhaler before you run, and B)bring it with you in your pocket. Why am I SO bad at that?) 
  • Get all of my grading done for the semester by December 18th, a week before Christmas.
    • Nope, but I got all of the undergrad papers done by then (except the one I didn't get until the 22nd - clearly that was out of my control). I got the grad student ones done on the 21st.
  • Make a plan to get my dissertation done by the deadlines.
    • Adding this to the January list! Totally forgot.
  • Redo my CV (what we call resumes in this crazy academic world) so I can get, you know, a job. Or at least start applying.
    • Crap! Forgot about that too. Again, January list.
  • Rewatch all of the Harry Potter movies before Christmas (Chris and I try to do it every year).
    • Success! :)
  • Mail my family's presents home in time for them to actually be there ON Christmas, not afterwards.
    • They got there Christmas Eve. I'll take that as a success :)
  • Blog at least 4 times a week. I want to get back into it!
    • Nope. 9 times total. BUT, I did 2 in October and 2 in November, so it was an improvement. (Does anyone REALLY want to hear from me 4 times a week? that's the real question)
  • Make almond bark from scratch- I've been dying to try it.  
    • Sadly no. But I still really want to make it!
  • Watch all of In Treatment. I'm almost done with Season 1, Emily has Season 2, and Season 3 is on demand until January 3rd, so if I want to watch it I need to get on it!
    • I finished Season One, and Ross and Em gave me Season 2 on New Year's Eve. So...no.
I think that means I did what, 2.5 of them? Ouch. But it was the first month I've ever set goals. Let's see if I can do better :)

Posts on New Year's resolutions and January goals on their way...
Happy New Year everyone!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment