12.01.2010

31 Day Yoga Challenge

I've decided to join several lovely ladies, inspired by this one in particular, and do a challenge - 31 days of yoga, to be exact.
(does that remind anyone else of 25 Days of Christmas? on ABC Family? which is something that I LOVE, btw.)

ANYWAY! yoga. I love yoga, and I decided recently that I wanted to start doing it again - back in college I used to go to the classes at Healthworks (oh, I miss Healthworks too, but that's another story), and I get into phases where I do it on the Wii Fit or on demand on tv. I asked for a yoga pass to one of the studios near our apartment for Christmas, so this just seems like perfect timing.

The rules: at least 20 minutes of yoga a day for 31 days straight. Today was Day 1, and I'll do it every day until 2011!

Reasons for the challenge:
  1. as mentioned above, I really love yoga.
  2. Starting when I switched to eating gluten free, but especially over the last 6 months, I've been getting into the idea of "healthy living" - reading blogs, cooking more, and trying to exercise. This seems like a good way to do it.
  3. I figure it will be good for stress - I'm doing fine right now, but dissertation writing starts for real (yikes) shortly, and if I get into the yoga habit maybe it will be one I can keep....
  4. I want to see how much better I can get in 31 days. Maybe I'll finally be able to keep my balance.
  5. Since I am getting into running, and we are apparently going to keep running races (right, Katie? Miranda? Christen? Anna? culminating in Disney Princess Half Marathon 2012? I'm really only motivated by running by Cinderella's castle...) it can only help, right?
Day One report: Since I didn't do anything this morning, I did a yoga video on demand tonight, while I recorded the last Top Chef episode of last season since I never saw it. Now, watching that in bed. The yoga was more challenging than I was expecting it to be, but in a good way - I haven't really done it in a few months, so that's probably why!

Anyone else want to join in, or make up your own? It'll be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I feel like I write to no one LOL :) I think we should totally swap stories :) Im so excited to follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete